More Lashes in One Eye than the Other? What Can You do?
Problems with having more lashes in one eye than the other is a problem that I thought only a few had until I logged on to a beauty forum and saw many ladies out who had the same problem. Below are some of the problems complained about.
“Hi ladies! I have a slightly annoying problem. I have more lashes on my left eye than my right eye! It’s not hugely noticeable unless you really look at me. I didn’t even notice myself until I started using that L’oreal Lash Boosting Serum. I always wondered why my left eye would turn out nicer than my right when I put on mascara…I just thought it was how I hold the wand with different hands when applying to each eye, lol. ”
“But I don’t know! It’s not a huge problem like I said, but on the other hand, it’s annoying me more and more every day. I don’t know. Is this normal? Will they eventually even out on their own? Should I consider one of those lash growth products on my right eye till it “catches up” to the other?”
“omg, I thought I was the only one with that problem! my lashes are so weird one side is longer than the other but the other has more volume… kinda drives me crazy every morning. lol”
After reading some of these complaints, I decided to research and write about what to do when one of your eyelashes is more in one eye than the other.
Why do you have more lashes On One Eye than the other
Environmental Factors: when we talk about environmental factors, we are talking about things like heat and humidity. Heat and humidity can affect the application of lash extensions.
For example, if you sit close to a heat source or humidifier and it is directed to one eye, it will affect the rate of cure of the lash adhesive. If the adhesive cures before the lash extension are applied to the natural lash, retention will be poor.
What Can You do to Thicken Up Your Thinning Eyelashes?
One of the reasons for fewer or thin eyelashes is age-related. Aging decreases the skin’s ability to retain moisture and leads to hormonal imbalances, this was what Jody Levine, M.D said a dermatologist and National Director of the AOB Med Spa. Some more causes of thin eyelashes are eye infections, thyroid imbalance, and vitamin deficiency. Even too much eye rubbing or poor makeup can also be the cause.
- Use a more skin-friendly and gentler makeup remover. Some makeup remover can so concentrated that it can affect your eyelashes. Cleaning your makeup with some makeup removers especially if you put much strength on it can result in fallen lashes. Try using quality cream or oil-based remover since they are softer.
- Try using some lash growth serum to help you grow your lashes. Lash conditioners containing nutrients such as plant extracts, amino acids, vitamins, and peptides are the most effective for strong, healthy lashes.
- Before using any pharmaceutical products on yourself, make sure you visit a doctor first. You might have heard of a product called lattice or Bimatoprost, if not, it is a drug that has been proven to make lashes thicker and longer.
- Jody Levine said before you sleep, you should softly with an ointment such as Vaseline. When you use vaseline to moisturize and protect the lashes, it will be prevented from breakage and fallout. This routine will improve the overall health of your lashes.
- You can use pre-mascara treatment for thin lashes. The formulas in these treatments condition and coat fragile lashes, temporarily boosting lash thickness
- One cause of uneven lashes can be a result of forgetfulness or laziness in the removal of makeup before sleep. If you regularly don’t remove your makeup before sleep, you risk breakage and fallout of your lashes. Also, try to change the makeups you use at least every six months to avoid bacteria that go into your makeup.
- You can use a lash extension to even up your lash look. Using a natural split lash can help you get the look you want. First, you have to use a split lash extension that matches your natural lashes, lucky for you we got you covered at Appearanz. Next put it on one side that looks uneven and trims it to fit perfectly.
- You use eyeliner to make your lashes look fuller. It might sound odd but using eyeliner to draw tiny dashes in between eyelash hairs along the lash base will make your eyelash look fuller, people will not even notice.
- Using a high-quality false lash extension that lasts around 4 – eight weeks can be a good cover for uneven lashes. False lashes will give you a darker, longer, fuller-looking lash in a matter of few minutes. All you have to do is buy the best quality one and go to a salon to fix it. Lucky for you we got you covered at Appearanz.
If you decide to use a lash extension, here are some What to do and What not to do.
What to do:
- Clean your eyelash extensions at least every 3 days with a soft brush and an eyelash extension cleaner.
- Bush them every morning to make them look nice and clean.
- Remove all makeup applied to the eyelash extension before sleep every day.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes, this could damage your eyelash extension.
What not to do:
- Do not get them wet for at least 48 hours after fixing them.
- Avoid using waterproof makeup on your lash extension, it could soften the glue used.
- New eyelash extensions can feel weird at first, after a few hours or days, they will become ok. Avoid picking them.
- Avoid sleeping with your face facing the pillow. Doing that will damage your lash extensions.
Now that you know how to take care of your lashes you can find a variety of the best fake lashes and lash extensions at the Appearanz store. Browse through the large collection of lashes and choose the one that fits you the most.